Dallas Public Library will present International Book Fair Oct. 24-26 . . . The third annual event will feature more than 40 national and international authors and illustrators
Dallas, TX – More than 40 local, national and international authors and illustrators will discuss their work, present workshops and sign books at the Third Annual Dallas International Book Fair Oct. 24-26 at the Central Library, 1515 Young St.
The free event will also feature artistic and cultural performances, poetry readings, writing workshops, cooking demonstrations, music and children’s activities, representing more than 14 cultures. Activities are scheduled from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
“Our goal is to promote a love for books, reading and writing,” said Dallas Public Library Assistant Director Miriam Rodriguez. “This is a free and fun event that the whole family will enjoy.” Among the featured presenters are:
· Lucia M. Gonzalez: Her classic Cuban folktale The Bossy Gallito was awarded the Pura Belpre Children’s Literature Honor Medal by the American Library Association
· Yangsook Choi: Named one of the most prominent new children’s book artists by Publishers Weekly and winner of the International Reading Association’s Children’s Book Award
· German Dehesa: Outstanding commentator and intellectual, writes for Reforma and hosts a program on Radio Monitor in Mexico City
· Irwin Tang: Author of Asian Texans
· Leo Minax: Composed and released four albums and is a respected and in-demand performer throughout Europe and South America
· Jose Infante: Will present his new biography of Pedro Infante, legendary movie and recording star in Mexico and Latin America .
The Book Fair will also present a variety of entertainment for children and families including multilingual storytimes, dance and musical performances. For more information and a complete list of participants, visit www.dallasinternationalbookfair.com