Teen Girls Found Dead In Irving; Dad Accused

IRVING Police are searching for a father accused of shooting and killing his two teenage daughters.

The bodies of 18-year-old Amina Yaser Said and 17-year-old Sarah Yaser Said were found in a parking lot along Las Colinas Boulevard in Irving, both shot to death inside of a taxi cab. The sisters were residents of Lewisville.

According to police in Irving, a woman on a cell phone called at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night to say that she had been shot. She was unsure of her location. Officers traced the call and searched the area, but found nothing.

About an hour later, another person called to report a suspicious vehicle sitting in a hotel parking lot. That is where police found the bodies of the two girls.

Police have not said why the father, 50-year-old Yaser Abdel Said, is being considered as a suspect.

Said is about 6 feet 2 inches tall, 180 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a black turtleneck shirt or sweater with a brown coat and tan pants. Said is also believed to be armed and extremely dangerous. Those with information on his whereabouts are urged not to approach the suspect, just call police.

3 Dead In Dallas House Fire

Three people have died in a fire at a Dallas house that had burglar bars on its doors and windows, which initially prevented rescuers from getting inside. Dallas police officers responded to the fire after someone inside the house called 911 yesterday and hung up. Police say that when officers arrived, they saw smoke coming from where the outside wall meets the roof. A police spokesman says the police weren’t able to get in, so they called the fire department to break down the bars. The Dallas County medical examiner’s office has not released the victims’ identities, pending notification of relatives. The cause remains under investigation, but police officials said it did not appear suspicious.

Two Subway Rest. Robbed at Gunpoint

Police in two cities are investigating two armed robberies of Subway restaurants.

On New Year’s Day around 3:20 p.m., police say an armed man entered the Subway in the 3200 block of W. Pleasant Run Road in Lancaster.

The suspect displayed a revolver and demanded money from the register, according to investigators. The clerk complied and the gunman got away with an undetermined amount of cash.

Three days earlier, police say a gunman held up a Subway just five minutes away in Dallas.

It happened at the Subway in the 1100 block of W. Camp Wisdom Road.

In both robberies, employees and customers were not harmed.

Police have not made an arrest but surveillance video provided pictures of the suspect.

If you have information about either robbery, you are asked to call Dallas or Lancaster police.